Movideo Pty Ltd ABN 71 131 484 565 of Level 4, 21-31 Goodwood Street, Richmond, Victoria 3121, Australia (Movideo) is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Act) and is committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information it holds.
1. Collection of personal information
The collection of personal information depends on how you deal with Movideo. The most common ways we collect personal information are described below.
Movideo operates online video platforms. Our customers are content providers who stream or otherwise make their content available through our platforms.
When you use a platform operated by Movideo through a website or an app, Movideo may collect a range of data about your connection to the platform (including your internet browser, operating system, IP address, connection speed and internet service provider) and your use of the platform (including how long you used the platform, the videos you watched and how often you return to the platform). However, this data is not personal information and you cannot be identified from it. If you access the platform through a website, this data will be stored in a cookie on your computer – see section 7 below for more details about cookies.
We will also collect your login details, which may constitute personal information. If you choose to save your login details for the platform, we will also store that information in a cookie.
If you contact us with a question or comment through our “Contact Us” page or otherwise, your communication may contain personal information about you.
2. Use of personal information
The purposes for which we use your personal information will depend on the circumstances in which we collected it. The most common ways we use personal information are described below.
Generally, we may use personal information:
- for the purposes for which we collected it (and related purposes which would be reasonably expected by you);
- for other purposes to which you have consented; and
- as otherwise authorised or required by law.
Movideo and our content provider customers use data about your connection to the platform and your use of the platform for the purpose of measuring the audience for content, improving the platform and its other products and services and to better target content and advertising. However, this data is not personal information and you cannot be identified from it.
We may use your login details to log you into the platform.
If you contact us with a question or comment, we may use any personal information you provide to respond to your question or comment.
3. Disclosure of personal information
Generally, we will only disclose personal information to a third party if:
- that disclosure is required for the purposes for which we collected the information;
- you have consented to that disclosure;
- we are required by law to disclose the information; or
- we are otherwise permitted to disclose the information under the Australian Privacy Principles.
The third parties to which we may disclose your personal information include:
- contractors (such as website and data hosting providers and other IT suppliers) and other persons who perform services for us;
- our related companies;
- our accountants, insurers, lawyers, auditors and other professional advisers;
- in the event that we or our assets may be acquired or considered for acquisition by a third party, that third party and its advisors; and
- in exceptional circumstances, third parties that require the information for law enforcement or to prevent a serious threat to public safety.
4. Security of personal information
The security of your personal information is important to us. Our platform incorporates various security features to keep all information that Movideo collects from you secure from unauthorised access. While we exercise great care in relation to the security of your personal information, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Movideo does not ensure or warrant the security of any personal information transmitted to or from our platform or websites and you use our platform or websites at your own risk.
5. Where we store personal information
6. How to seek access to or correction of your Personal Information
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer to enable a web server to collect information from your web browser. Cookies store information such as the web pages you have visited and how you have used a website. They do not automatically collect personal information about you, although if you provide personal information through our websites, then that information may be stored in a cookie.
8. Links to third party websites
9. Complaints, queries, further information
We take all complaints seriously and will assess and investigate any complaint received with the aim of resolving it in a timely and efficient manner.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of a complaint or are interested in obtaining additional information on privacy issues, you may wish to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner through its website at www.oaic.gov.au.